- A crime is committed in your school or neighbourhood.
- You know who was responsible or somebody who might know who was responsible.
- Call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or go to www.crimestoppershamilton.com and click on Submit a Tip.
- Your information will be taken in strict confidence. Your anonymity is GUARANTEED.
- You will be given a tip number. You must keep this secret to ensure anonymity.
- The tip is given to the police officers who investigate the crime.
- After about 2 months, call back to the Tip Line number or go to the Tip Follow Up in the website. Refer to your secret tip number and you will be updated as to the progress of your tip.
- If your tip leads to the crime being solved, you will qualify for a cash reward. (The Board of Directors has fundraising events to collect the money for tips.)
- You will be instructed to go to a specific bank or business (the locations change from time to time.) Just give the cashier your tip number and he or she will give you your cash reward. No identification is ever asked for other than your tip number.
Crime Doesn’t Pay … Crime Stoppers Does. Student Crime Stoppers is the Right Think To Do!
A SAFE SCHOOL — IT’S YOUR CALL!